Ryan is a Principal in ACIL Allen’s Perth office, with expertise in economic and financial analysis, formation of public policy and business/investment strategy, and the communication of complex ideas.
Ryan is a generalist economist, advising public and private sectors on a range of complex issues and challenges. He enjoys finding opportunity in complexity, providing incisive advice, and solving challenging public policy problems.
His recent engagements include:
- advising the Western Australian Government on the provision of infrastructure subsidies for a major private sector project
- leading the development of an economic, financial and asset management framework for the Western Australian Government’s management of the regional airports sector
- conducting a comprehensive review and advising on the future role of the Western Australian Government in the disability services sector in the context of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- developing a strategic financial reform program for the Rottnest Island Authority to turn improve its decision-making and financial performance
- advising the Northern Territory Government’s Scientific Inquiry into Hydraulic Fracturing on the economic benefits, issues and risks associated with hydraulic fracturing for shale gas in the NT
- building a model to calculate the social return on investment for club-based football in Western Australia for the Western Australian Football Commission
Prior to joining ACIL Allen, Ryan was a Senior Economist and Client Manager at Deloitte Access Economics, and a Principal Economist at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia. He is a regular commentator on the Western Australian economy and state of the State’s finances.
Ryan holds a Bachelor of Commerce with honours in Economics from Curtin University, and is a graduate of the Committee for Economic Development in Australia (CEDA)’s Copeland Leadership Program.