Owen is a Director with ACIL Allen Consulting specialising in the energy sector. He leads projects in evaluating and analysis of Australia’s electricity, natural gas and renewable energy markets.
With ACIL Allen Consulting and its predecessors, Owen has consulted extensively on energy industry matters and across a broad range of assignments including:
- market demand, supply and price forecasting studies in the context of independent market due diligence to support energy projects from feasibility through to financing
- financial modelling for project evaluation
- climate change policy evaluation and Australian greenhouse gas emission projections
- projections for renewable energy deployment and environmental certificate markets
- independent expert roles for project planning approvals and contract arbitration
- assisting with input into corporate strategic planning and reviews
- economic impact studies.
Owen has been principally responsible for the design, development and maintenance of a number of ACIL Allen Consulting’s energy market models, such as PowerMark and PowerMark LT (detailed simulation and long-term planning electricity market models), GasMark (ACIL Allen’s regional model of the interconnected Australian gas market) and RECMark (detailed supply and demand model of the Large-scale Renewable Energy Target).
Owen holds a Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance) from Queensland University of Technology and a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment from the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).