Throughout Alex's career he has delivered advisory projects that address significant public policy issues. His areas of interest span, industries, sectors and policy functions including innovation research and development higher education agriculture economic development infrastructure defence and social service delivery.
Alex specialises in organisational analysis, corporate governance, program evaluation policy implementation and impact analysis techniques. His professional work includes delivering projects that are focussed on designing performance measurement, monitoring, reporting and evaluation arrangements for clients.
Significant work undertaken by Alex includes:
- developing performance and accountability frameworks for the ACT Government, industry policy frameworks for the NSW, Queensland and South Australian governments
- evaluation strategies for the Commonwealth Government
- policy impact frameworks for national research bodies
- strategic projects focusing on improving whole-of-government service delivery and governance arrangements for the ACT, including delivery of service transformation advice to government
- socio-economic benefit and contribution studies for state governments and industries.
Alex was educated at Griffith University. He holds a PhD in Politics and Public Policy, a First Class Honours Degree in Commerce and a BA in Politics and Government.