Les specialises in strategy, policy formulation and performance analysis, and has extensive experience across education and training, research and innovation, Indigenous affairs, justice, health and community services.
Major ACIL Allen Consulting projects led by Les include:
- evaluations of Indigenous programs, including independent reviews of policing and coordination and engagement activities in Indigenous communities in the Northern Territory and a longitudinal study of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Action Plan
- analysis of vocational education and training (VET) strategic reforms, data access, economic value and apprenticeships
- review of secondary and higher education initiatives, content frameworks, statutory appointments processes, and capital resource strategies
- design of a foreign workforce development program the establishment of domestic renewable and atomic energy sectors
- economic evaluations of research and development and innovation, including investment into bionic, medical, cyber infrastructure, precision agriculture using GPS technology, and plant and animal genomics
- review of Victorian justice reform, court operations, registry processes and development of business performance improvement strategies.
Les has over 20 years experience advising both public and private organisations. Prior to joining ACIL Allen Consulting, he held senior positions with KPMG and the former State Electricity Commission of Victoria. He is currently a Director with Bioplatforms Australia and Chairman of the University of Melbourne Industry Advisory Group.
Les was educated at the University of Melbourne and Chisholm Institute of Technology. He holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours), a PhD (Operations Research), and a Graduate Diploma (Computing and Information Systems).