Paul is Chief Executive Officer of ACIL Allen Consulting and leads the company’s large energy practice. He has more than twenty years experience in the sector either within corporations or advising government and corporations. Paul advises clients at a strategic level on all facets of the energy sector including upstream, wholesale, transport, distribution and retail. Paul’s energy sector advice involves optimising decision making with respect to investment and utilisation of infrastructure and assets.
Some projects led by Paul include:
- strategic market advisor in relation to several energy market asset acquisitions / divestments within Australia
- analysis and assessment of long run electricity infrastructure costs and benefits for several clients
- analysis of the effects of government policy on retail electricity and gas prices for several clients
- client studies in relation to the assessment, valuation and development of electricity market assets in Australia
- client studies assessing the impact of government climate change policies on existing assets and potential investments
- client studies providing assessment and analysis of renewable energy investment under the expanded RET scheme
- expert witness in relation to a number of energy market related projects.
Prior to joining ACIL Allen Consulting, Paul worked at senior executive levels in general management, business development, mergers and acquisitions and business regulation.
Paul holds a Master of Economics and Graduate Diploma in Economics, an Honours Degree in Electrical Engineering, a Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and an MBA.