About the Review
Horticulture Australia Limited (HAL) has commissioned ACIL Allen to conduct an independent review of HAL's operations and model and the horticulture levy system. The Terms of Reference can be downloaded.
The independent review will provide recommendations on the future service delivery model for HAL and the horticulture levy system.
The review is being conducted in 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Review of past performance and HAL's industry services model and levy system
- Phase 2: Engaging HAL's stakeholders on phase 1 findings and consulting with them about the need for change
- Phase 3: Recommendations to improve HAL's industry service model and levy system
Phase 1 was completed at the end of December 2013. It was based on review of documents held by HAL, industry statistics, and consultations with HAL and a sample of peak industry bodies.
Phase 1 provided a firm foundation of information for wider consultations with the horticulture industry and other stakeholders early in 2014.
Stakeholder insights into the performance of HAL are vital to the success of the Independent Review.
THE SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED.
A consultation paper identifying the findings from phase 1 and possible options for change was available for download from this website on 23 December 2013.
The stakeholder forums have now been completed.
The final report of ACIL Allen Consulting's independent review of Horticulture Australia Limited and the horticulture levy system has provided to the HAL board and Commonwealth Government. The HAL board has referred the report to industry and government for consideration.
- Submission # 1 - Dr Greg Buchanan
- Submission # 2 - AUSVEG
- Submission # 3 - Costa
- Submission # 4 - Turf Australia
- Submission # 5 - Christopher Allan
- Submission # 6 - Irrigation Australia
- Submission # 7 - CSIRO
- Submission # 8 - National Horticulture Research Network
- Submission # 9 - Strawberries Australia
- Submission # 10 - Custard Apples Australia
- Submission #12 - SARDI
- Submission #11 - PMA Australia-New Zealand
- Submission #15 - Wandin Valley Farms
- Submission #16 - Growcom
- Submission #18 - Bayer Cropscience
- Submission #17 - Pistachio Growers Association
- Submission #19 -Fruit West
- Submission #13 - Mr Simon Boughey
- Submission #20 - Department of Agriculture and Food, WA
- Submission #21 - Chestnuts Australia Inc
- Submission #22 - Vegetable Growers Association of Victoria
- Submission #23 - SA Mushrooms Pty Ltd
- Submission #24 - Nursery and Garden Industry Australia
- Submission #25 - P & L Rogers Pty Ltd
- Submission #26 - Hazelnut Growers of Australia Inc
- Submission #27 - Bulla Mushrooms
- Submission #28 - Australian Table Grape Association Inc
- Submission #29 - Dr Clayton-Greene
- Submission #30 - Australian Chamber of Fruit & Vegetable Industries Ltd
- Submission #31 - Australian Macadamia Society Limited
- Submission #32 - Raspberries & Blackberries Australia
- Submission #33 - White Prince Pty Ltd
- Submission #34 - Aust Banana Growers Council
- Submission #35 - Passionfruit Aust Inc
- Submission #36 NSW Farmers
- Submission #37 APAL HAL Review Submission
- Submission #38 Almond Board of Aust
- Submission #39 Submission from APTRC
- Submission #40 ANIC Submission
- Submission #41 - Australian Mango Industry Association Ltd
- Submission #42 - Australian Horticultural Exporters Association Inc
- Submission #43 - Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association
- Submission #44 - Cherry Growers Australia Inc
- Submission #45 - Avocados Australia Limited
- Submission #46 - NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Submission #47 - Abbotsleigh Citrus
- Submission #14 Jasper Farms & Delroy Orchards